Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's not all about the shoveling

It made me sad to see all those posts complaining about the snow. It wasn't so long ago that we would have said this is the best winter ever. Remember skipping school to go skiing? or better yet when we talked Mr. Ainsworth into declaring a "school ski day" and we all went to Gunstock? THAT is what winter should be all about. I took the kids back yesterday - It was almost like being a kid again, except for when my 4 yr. old declared to his instructor "I think my Dad is too old to ski" or when I had to go back to the rental counter and exchange my skis for shorter ones because the longer ones were too much work and my knees were hurting too much. Other than that, it was a great day. Here's a picture of my oldest two (Arik and Aryn) at the summit with their Uncle Ethan.



And here is Andy - the one who thinks I am too old to ski. He also said he is too cool to smile.


And here's Ally who was a little scared at first, but then couldn't stop smiling all day.

4 comments:

soccerkcs said...

Those ski days were great! Remember how much trouble we got into when your dad took us to Bretton Woods (Mrs. Starkey was so mad)!!!

dbageek said...

i was thinking the same thing ... i remember when Dave, Andrew and Derek (can't remember who else went) all went skiing and Mr. Dahms gave pop-quizes in all the classes just so he could give them zeros!!

good times mans .. i haven't been skiing that much lately ... but i went snow boarding on Monday at Shawnee Peak ... i have several bruises to prove it.

Jammin said...

Santa gave me a new snowboard for Christmas. Cant wait to get a chance to try it.

gagknee said...

Ahh, Ally, the only kid who doesn't look like an Akerberg.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I lived in NH all my life and only went skiing once, so if you are going to get me to wax nostalgic about snow you'll have to bring up stories of crashing Russ Hole's snowmobile.

Or sledding at powderhouse after dark.